There are plenty of sitemap generators on the web today but we couldn't find a decent free image sitemap generator that had a sensible crawl limit (unless you're running Wordpress and using Yoast's SEO plugin). So here it is - the crawl is currently limited to 1,000 pages to prevent too much load on our servers. We hope you find it useful and would welcome any feedback: [email protected].
To save your image sitemap you can use Notepad.
1. Once you have generated your sitemap, click in the box that will appear above, right click and 'Select all'. Then right click again and select 'Copy'.
2. Open up Notepad, right click and select 'Paste'.
3. Click FILE > SAVE AS and change 'Save as type:' to 'All Files'.
4. Name your sitemap and add '.xml' to the end. For example: image-sitemap.xml
5. Upload your file to your website.
To submit the image sitemap to Google, you'll need to first register for Google Webmaster Tools.
Once you've done that, you'll see the Sitemap section in the dashboard for your site.
Click on the section and then click on 'Add/Test Sitemap' - type in the URL and click 'Submit Sitemap'.