I have provided web development and support services to businesses large and small since 2001. I build affordable websites and I offer a range of marketing services that get real results. I’ve worked across a wide range of verticals on a local, national and international scale.I am also a Chartered Legal Executive with almost 17 years of legal experience. I was admitted as a Fellow in February 2006.
I currently work in-house for 3 days, with client work taking up my remaining 2 days.
I support Kiva, loans that change lives. Click here to visit my lending page.
Jen Wiss-Carline : Curriculum Vitae
April King Legal – in-house – 2016 – Present
Online and offline marketing including web development, SEO, content development and adverts for print media, together with private client legal work.
Angel Digital Marketing – February 2006 – Present
Digital marketing including copywriting, website design, WordPress development, commerce / Woocommerce, SEO, email campaigns, PPC, social media, graphic design, video editing, PHP/MySQL, general management, business and marketing consultancy.
Clients past & present include: Nottingham QMC, All Answers Ltd, Breens Solicitors, Waste2Resource, Clearland, Bradley Jones Group, Longfleet Surgery, Two Little Birds, Essay UK, Medipathways, Balinda & Co Solicitors, Banc Media, CI Logistics, MCS Installers, Forever Independent, Stage Connections, Fraser Stevens Learning, Spearfishing Ltd, Belvoir Clocks, Concert Group, NT Voice and Data, Old English Doors, Next Level Business, Croft Oak Furniture, Evoke Telecom, Paul Thorne (Comedian), Nathan Cragg (Guitarist), Edenmore Guesthouse and many more.
Working with agencies also gives me the opportunity to write for exciting brands such as Freedoms (NHS Foundation Trust), Lufthansa, Fads, Printerland, Emerald Waterways, Scenic Luxury Cruises, Park Candles, Interfocus, Capital Gardens, Complete Pump Supplies, Leighmans, Cruise 1st, Innova Solutions, FlyPPB, Rapid Parcel, Cruise Club UK and Crock Pot to name a few.
I worked in-house with All Answers for 8 years from February 2006 to November 2013 and was part of the Senior Management Team, handling a range of matters including consulting and providing services re web design, SEO, strategy, marketing, content development, web development (PHP/MySQL), management processes, all legal matters, recruitment, policies & procedures. Legal areas included business/commercial, employment, conveyancing, intellectual property and litigation.
Associate Lecturer, Open University Law School – 2006
Tutoring students part time for their LL.B (year 1).
Freeth Cartwright LLP – 2004 – Dec 2005
Initially I worked in the Commercial Property department before moving to the Civil Litigation department.
Freelance web design and development – 2001 – 2006
Before taking over the Angel brand, I provided freelance web design and copywriting services on a part time basis.
Young & Pearce Solicitors – 2000 – 2004
Residential conveyancing – plot sales, residential freehold sales and purchases, leasehold sales and purchases. I also assisted on some commercial sales and purchases.
Other experience – 1994 – 2000
I worked in various temporary and contract roles for companies including Massers Solicitors, Omega Furse, NT Voice and Data, Elizabeth Michael Recruitment, Nottingham Coronary Office, Thorn Baker Recruitment, and Neway & Eyre.
Education and training
- Fellow of the Institute of Legal Executives – admitted February 2006, specialising initially in conveyancing.
- Company Law and Practice (OU/Undergraduate) – 2007
- Level 6 additional Single Subject Diploma in Civil Litigation (CILEX) – 2005
- LL.B (Bachelor of Law) with First Class Honours – 2004
- Diploma in English Law – 2003
- MBA Stage 1: Management: Perspectives and Practice (Postgraduate/Merit) – 2010
- MySQL training – 2012
- Zend Web Development – 2010
- User stories for Agile development – 2010
- Computing – An Object Oriented Approach (OU/Undergraduate) – 2002
- Maths for Science (OU/Undergraduate) – 2009
- Philosophy and the Human Situation (OU/Undergraduate) – 2004
- Crime, Order and Social Control (OU/Undergraduate) – 2004
- Using Mathematics (OU/Undergraduate) – 2000
- Exploring Mathematics (OU/Undergraduate) – 2000
- Various courses in customer service and telecommunication technology